September 23, 2009

Pretty Things # 1 !

Character, and Book Summary. -- questions will come later (:

I started reading the book "Pretty Things" today. After the first chapter, I had already began to understand the friendship between Charlie and Brie. Although Charlie is gay, he and Brie are best friends because they completely understand eachother. In my opinion, I think it maybe be a little weird sometimes to have Charlie as a best friend. But it may also be comforting, because he would know everything about me, with out causing drama. Some girl friends do this. My first impression of Brie was mixed slightly. At first, I thought she was stuck up, but now it seems she is just a lonely girl. It really bothers me that her mom says she needs to lose weight, etc. No mother should ever tell their daughter to lose weight! It is the girl's body, and she can be herself in it- no matter what weight. She should never have to listen to her moms instructions for HER body. Brie's mom, Linda seems very controlling, from what I've read so far. Her brother, Henry, seems annoying so far, because of his greeting to Charlie. This book looks like it will be very interesting indeed, with love and friendship circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment