December 1, 2009

The Book Thief # 3!

In the 3rd section of the book, I started to enjoy the book a little more. Max arrived and he and Liesel start to develop a relationship. I really love the connection between the two- Jewish man, and German girl. I think its crazy how much they have in common. I truly respect the fact that Hans and Rosa had the strength and will-power to accept Max into their home. I'm sure it took a lot for Liesel to accept him too, but I'm happy that they all did, because without him, this story is not complete. Once Max starts to get sick, Liesel is somewhat lost without him. I can only imagine what it would be like to be Liesel in this situation. She probably felt really helpless, lost, sad and confused. Liesel and Rudy start to steal the books from the Mayor's wife. This was a really risky thing for Liesel. She was hiding a Jew in her basement. If she had've been caught, she could have been taken home by the soldiers. They may have searched her house and found Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment