November 8, 2009

Book Thief # 2

I finished the second fifth of the book today. I can not say I understand it any better thus far. More characters were added, making me more confused. Where I ended the second fifth was a really important part of the book, I am guessing. It looks like Liesel and Max have a lot in common, and may become good friends. They both came from bad situations, and they both absolutely LOVE reading. Maybe Max will get Liesel interested in some of his books, and vise versa. I am not enjoying this book so far. It involves really abstract thinking, which confuses me. The characters, and plot change ALOT. Luckily, the point of view is always the same! Nothing really exciting has happened in the book yet. Practically its mostly about the characters and Germany. It is also confusing because the author didn't develop the characters a lot. We know a little bit about Liesel, but not much about anyone else. I am having a lot of trouble getting into this book. Usually, I love to read, but this is a book that I don't even want to pick up sometimes. It's frustrating me. Hopefully, something happens SOON, or else this will be one long book study.

No comments:

Post a Comment