November 8, 2009

Book Thief # 1

Last week, I started reading The Book Thief. When I first started reading it, I was pretty bored, because there wasn't really much going on. I got confused aswell, because the actual story doesn't start until about 20 pages into the book. There are multiple characters with the same name, so that was confusing. Once I sort of got into the book, it was easier to understand. By the time I reached the end of my section, I actually understood, because there was more going on. I was still pretty confused up until our book club meeting, where Naomi pointed out that the story was written from the perspective of death. This made a lot more sense to the book. I am not sure whether I will like this book or not. From what I've read, it seems like it jumps around a lot. There are a lot of German terms, which I do not remember quickly. I shall go read some more of this book, and tell you how I feel about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment