December 1, 2009

Book Thief # 5

Uh oh. The air-raid warnings are becoming more frequent. But good news- Hans is back from war!
Liesel reads through air-raid after air-raid, and it seems as if nothing is ever going to happen.. but then..
One night, all of Himmel Street is bombed. Every one Liesel knows dies. Again, I can NOT imagine this happening to me. Liesel got a chance to say goodbye to her parents, and to Rudy. If I was her in this situation, I would regret not telling Rudy I loved him before it was too late. She really cared about Rudy. Liesel found her father's accordian among the ruins, and now it truly WAS the only thing she had left of her dad. After a week or so, she goes back to visit Himmel Street. She is shocked at how a place that means Heaven could have such a Hell-ish look to it. In that last week, she had written a book. When she went back to Himmel Street, she dropped it. Death picked it up, read it, and when he came for her, at age 80, he gave it back to her.




I think one of the biggest things I learned from this book- appreciate what you have before its gone. I believe that this is something EVERYONE should follow in life. Think back to the Haulocaust victims. They never did anything, and they had their whole lives taken away from them! Do you think the soldiers gave them a chance to say goodbye?

No comments:

Post a Comment